Get fitter in 2023 with a Hydropool swim spa
If your goal is to improve your fitness in 2023 then a hydropool swim spa is a great option to have. Not only will it give you access to hydrotherapy to help with recovery from training sessions and improving body condition but it’s also a great space to work out in. Did you know that there are a number of different ways to get fitter in a hydropool swim spa? Here are just a few of them.
- Swimming. This is the most obvious way to use your hydropool swim space for getting fitter - and so many people do because it’s so effective. It’s simple to change the speed and current in a swim spa to accommodate different levels of workout and improve the intensity as you get fitter. Swimming is incredibly exercise, as it works the entire body. It’s a great cardio option and an effective way to get fit. Plus, the water can take the pressure off joints and bones so that exercise doesn’t feel so high impact.
- Step-ups. Another very simple exercise, step-ups are really easy because you can just use the steps to the swim spa if you don’t have an aqua fitness step. The action of stepping up and down on the steps can be strengthening and a good cardio workout - the buoyancy of the water is supportive making this effective but not damaging for joints and muscles.
- Cycling. The best thing about using a swim spa for cycling is that you don’t actually need to get a bike into the water. Instead, simply hold on to the edge of the swim spa and mimic the cycling motion with your legs. The best way to do this is with your back up against one of the walls of the swim spa. You can keep yourself supported with your arms by spreading them out along the edge of the wall. As you cycle your legs move them up and down towards the surface and then back to the bottom. If you really enjoy this then there are specialist bikes for swim spas so that you can have the full cycling experience in the water.
- Jogging or running. The resistance of jogging or running in water is a really powerful way to build strength and get fit, fast. There are lots of different ways that you can do this in a swim spa. For example, you can choose to focus on jogging on the spot, bringing your knees as high up as possible. Or you can switch on the jets in the swim spa and run against the resistance of the current. Jogging or running in a swim spa is a very effective cardio workout that you can tweak depending on how hard you want to work.
- Lifting weights. All you need for this is a set of water weights so that you can work out in your swim spa. Use them for strengthening, as you would in the gym, or add them into a cardio workout for increased intensity.
There are lots of ways to get fit with a hydropool swim spa - these are just a few of them. As a family-operated business encompassing two generations, we have over 50 years of combined experience selling and servicing hot tubs, swim spas, pools, saunas, gazebos and steam rooms. We love what we do because we love the lifestyle that comes with owning a luxurious hot tub or swim spa. Get in contact with a member of the team today to explore our range of fantastic products.