How can hot tubs impact your life?
There’s no doubt that hot tubs bring a lot of wellness and positive experiences to anyone’s life. Whether you’re using your hot tub to relax after a long day or ease out tired muscles, it’s a great addition to any household. However, most of us tend to underestimate what we can do with a hot tub - these are just some of the ways in which it can impact your life.
- A powerful way to relieve stress. The modern world causes many of us a lot of stress and this can manifest as tension headaches, fatigue and a range of other debilitating symptoms. The warmth of the water in a hot tub - and the time you dedicate to using it - can significantly increase relaxation and make daily stress a thing of the past.
- Improving your sleep. Hot tubs are very relaxing but the experience also sends a message to the brain that it’s time to rest - thanks to the soothing nature of the warm water - and this can mean that it’s easier to get to sleep and that sleep quality overall is improved.
- Pain relief in hydrotherapy form. The warmth of the water plus the massage impact of the jets can be incredibly effective when it comes to managing pain better. That could be the chronic pain of arthritis or it might be the pain from an injury. When you’re able to spend time soaking in a hot tub you have an effective way to better manage this.
- A natural boost for your immune system. When you’re sitting in the warm water of your hot tub your body is encouraged to create more white blood cells thanks to the increase in your body temperature. It’s your white blood cells that are responsible for defending the body against infection and disease by attacking anything in the bloodstream that shouldn’t be there, improving your immune defences as a result. If you never quite feel well and it seems like your immune system isn’t doing as well as it could then a hot tub could have a really positive impact on your life.
- Recovering from an injury. Whether you’re a professional athlete or not, a hot tub can help to speed up the time that it takes you to recover from an injury. The hot tub experience increases blood circulation and this is a vital part of increasing the speed at which you’re able to recover. It’s so simple and yet such an effective way to improve your outcomes.
- Helping to reduce blood pressure. When your body temperature rises in a hot tub your heart will begin to pump faster and the blood vessels will dilate. This is beneficial because it reduces resistance and lowers the pressure on the arterial walls.
- More control over blood sugar. Thanks to the increase in blood flow that occurs in your body when you’re in a hot tub, more blood courses through the muscles and this helps when it comes to sugar breakdown. Because the increase in blood flow is similar to what the body experiences during exercise, it can be a good way to access these benefits even if you have reduced mobility.
From helping you to recover from injuries to getting a better night’s sleep, these are just some of the ways that a hot tub can positively influence your life.