It’s the first Christmas in a while that hasn’t had the shadow of COVID looming over it and that makes this a great time to really celebrate the holiday season this year. A hot tub party is a unique experience and can be a really festive occasion for you and your family and friends. So, how do you make sure that your hot tub party is the highlight of your 2022 Christmas?
- Start with the basics. If you’re planning a hot tub party then the first task is the most basic: cleaning. The hot tub will need to have a thorough deep clean before you use it at the party so that it’s sparkling and appealing for your guests. Remember to clean the filter and test and balance the water so that it’s just right. Clear the path to your hot tub and make sure that you’ve got contingencies for all weathers, from robes to a shelter for people getting changed.
- Heat the area. If it’s going to be cold and you want to ensure that no one gets too chilly then turn on your patio heaters to keep things cosy.
- Put up some Christmas sparkle. Decorations really emphasise the Christmas message so make sure you’ve made your hot tub space extra sparkly with tinsel, hanging decorations and even a big tree. Just make sure that everything is far enough from the water that it won’t fall in. Don’t forget to use the coloured lights in your hot tub if you have them - setting these to change from green to red is ideal.
- Give guests a festive costume. You can ask people to get creative by coming in a festive swim fancy dress costume or simply hand out hats to create a more festive feel.
- Christmas music always creates a great atmosphere. Depending on the feel you’re looking to create for the party you could opt for classic choral music, the soundtrack to The Snowman or a playlist of classic Christmas party tunes.
- Serve plenty of festive fare (but hold the alcohol). There’s nothing better than a soak in a hot tub, listening to festive music and then enjoying hot chocolate, spiced teas, mince pies, turley, gingerbread and cinnamon-infused anything. This is a great opportunity to make your hot tub party stand out as the food and drink is a key part of Christmas. Alcohol in hot tubs is never a good idea, as it can lead to dizziness, dehydration and heat exhaustion - so save that for later. Just remember to ask guests to keep plates, glasses and food and drink out of the hot tub itself.
- Christmas outfits for everyone. If you’re planning a small gathering then why not invest in post-soak Christmas outfits for everyone that are super festive. From snowman robes to antler beanie hats there’s no better way to sit around and enjoy that post-soak glow than in a cosy, festive outfit.
Make your hot tub Christmas party the highlight of the season this year with these fun tips. We offer servicing and post-sales care for all of our customers to make sure that our customers get the best out of their hot tub. We are proud to have a multi-award-winning showroom located in Kent, so please come down and try out our huge range.