Take Advantage of your Sauna in 2022
A sauna is a wonderfully relaxing experience and one that many people choose for themselves at home. However, it’s not just about self-care and home spa days, as your sauna also has a number of key health benefits that might surprise you. If you’re keen to make the most of your sauna in 2022 then there are lots of reasons to do it.
- Improve the quality of your sleep. There’s no getting away from how vital sleep is, especially during the winter months. A whole body of research has found that spending time in your sauna on a regular basis can help you achieve deeper sleep and relax more. This is a combination of the body’s temperature being elevated and the fact that endorphins are being released in the hours before you sleep.
- Detoxifying. You probably know that a sauna will make you sweat - and that means the opportunity to detoxify the largest organ in your body, the skin. Sweating in a sauna is more intense than anywhere else, which makes it a great opportunity to help rid your skin of toxins such as heavy metals and chemicals that have been ingested or absorbed.
- Deal differently with stress. No matter what’s going on in your life you can change the way that you deal with it by regularly using your sauna. For example, regular sauna time can help to bring down levels of cortisol in your system (cortisol is like alarm bells) and increase serotonin (happy hormones). Serotonin is also responsible for bone and skin health so your sauna can not only make you feel better - and less stressed - but ensure you’re physically healthier too.
- Better brain function. You’d probably expect much of the research on saunas to hail from Finland (where everyone has one). One local study there focused on men using their saunas for 20 years, 4-7 times a week. The research found that the sauna use was associated with a lower risk of dementia and alzheimers.
- Enhanced blood flow helps your muscles and joints. When you’re in a sauna, blood flows better throughout the circulatory system and this is highly beneficial for reducing lactic acid build up. It can even help to reduce chronic injuries and make healing faster and more efficient.
- Boosting the immune system. Exposure to the heat of a sauna can help with the creation of the white blood cells that our bodies use to fight infection and viruses. Studies have found that those who regularly use a sauna can suffer less from seasonal colds and - if they do get one it tends to be shorter and less severe.
- Burning the calories. Although a sauna is not an instant weight loss cure, the heat plus the sweat can significantly increase the number of calories burned over a period of time. It’s no substitute for healthy eating and exercise but can be a great support to them.
If you’re keen to take advantage of your sauna in 2022 these are some very good reasons to make more time for it.
With a range of traditional and soft options as a modular sauna that allows you to customise the shape, size and design of your sauna and a large variety of ready-made saunas we are sure that we can find the right model for you. Get in touch with a member of our expert team today to discuss our 0% APR Finance options and for more information about our extensive range of saunas and steam rooms.