What to consider when buying a hot tub in 2023
Buying a hot tub is a great investment, for yourself, your family and your property. With all the different options out there it can feel tricky to make a decision about the best option for you. What kind of design will work best and what kind of technology do you want to benefit from? From the most efficient designs to the features that make life easier, such as self-cleaning technology, this is everything you need to consider when buying a hot tub in 2023.
Do your research
The first place to start is looking at all your available options and comparing this to a list of wants and must haves. Think about how you’re going to use the hot tub, what you want the experience to be like and the time that you have available for maintenance. Where are you going to position your hot tub and when are you most likely to use it? The average hot tub weighs 2000 kg when filled with water so it’s important you have it in a well supported position.
Get clear on the specifics
All hot tubs offer a different combination of features so it will be useful to determine what you want your ideal hot tub to have. Here are some of the different options:
- A robust shell. Solid construction is likely to last longer without requiring repair and will be better insulated. The more insulated the construction is, the more it will retain heat and this will make it cheaper to use in the long run.
- Pump efficiency. This will make a big difference to how much you need to spend to use your hot tub.
- Number and type of jets. Think about the number of jets you want in your hot tub as well as the different types, such as those that are adjustable and can deliver a customised massage.
- The filtration system. The optimum situation is to have a hot tub that is always clean, hygienic and ready to use - and the filtration system is going to play a key role in this. Some of the most basic systems use a filter to capture anything in the water and then require purifying chemicals. If you’re looking for something a little more sophisticated then you can buy a hot tub that uses more advanced technology, such as UV-C light or systems that use ozone to break down the contaminants in the water.
- In-tub entertainment. Not all hot tubs have a decent in-built entertainment system with features like Bluetooth for music. So, if this is important to you, make sure it’s on your must haves list.
- A warranty. Most new hot tubs will come with a warranty but make sure you find the one that is the right length and cover for you.
Getting the size right
The first place to start with size is to look at the space that you have available for the hot tub in the location where you want to position it. Then you’ll also need to take into account how many people are likely to use the hot tub and what height the right hot tub for you will be.
If you’re considering buying a hot tub in 2023 these are some of the factors to take into account. We offer servicing and post-sales care for all of our customers to make sure that our customers get the best out of their hot tub. We are proud to have a multi-award-winning showroom located in Kent, so please come down and try out our huge range.