Despite all the recent storms and bad weather we have turned the corner to spring and there are signs that the warmer months are coming. For many of us that means shedding winter layers and getting ourselves ready to enjoy all the fun and sunshine of the summer. A hot tub can be a useful tool for helping you to feel like you’re ready to make this transition, particularly when it comes to a seasonal detox.
Looking great starts with feeling good
Winter tends to be a season when we all overindulge. Christmas treats can easily stray over into the new year and by spring you might be feeling like your system is sluggish and in serious need of a detox. There are lots of ways that you can do this, including introducing more exercise, fruit and vegetables into your diet. If you’re looking to make this gradual shift to a healthier lifestyle in time for summer then a hot tub can help to support you – and speed up the detox process.
Using a hot tub for a regular detox
- Make sure you have a shower before you get into the hot tub. In fact, many people find that exfoliating before you enjoy time in a hot tub can make it a much more effective detox experience. Use a body scrub or massage mitt to remove dead skin cells so that you’re clean and ready to detox when you actually get into the water.
- Enjoy the sweating process. The heat in the water of the hot tub will make you start to sweat and it’s at this point that your body starts to detox. Sweat is the most effective way for the body to remove toxins from your system so sit back, relax and let it happen.
- Drink plenty of water. As you’re losing liquids through the sweating process you’ll need to make sure that you replace these. That means drinking plenty of water, both when you’re in the hot tub and also when you get out afterwards.
- Use the hydrotherapy to feel better. That might mean aiming one of the massage jets at an area of your body that feels tight or stiff or simply using the heat of the water to stretch out.
- Shower off when you get out. As you will have been sweating out all those impurities while in the hot tub it’s important to make sure that you shower off when you get out. If you want to increase the impact of the experience a cold shower can be very effective.
- Detox on a regular basis. The best way to get the most from a detox to get ready for summer is to do it regularly. Your body will benefit from a hot tub detox session every couple of weeks.
Now is a great time to start thinking about how a regular detox session in your hot tub can help to get you ready for the summer months.